- A statistical technique that combines several financial characteristics to form a single score to represent a customer's creditworthiness. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *the activity of calculating the risk that someone asking for a loan will not make the necessary repayments when they should, which involves asking the person questions about their job, how much they earn etc:
• Most lenders have cut costs by moving to a credit scoring system to assess how likely you are to default on a loan.— credit score noun [countable] :
• The banks will typically charge between 7 and 11 per cent depending on your credit score.
* * *credit scoring UK US noun [U] FINANCE► CREDIT SCORE(Cf. ↑credit score): »
The exact amount of interest you pay will depend on your credit scoring.► the process of calculating credit scores: credit scoring systems/techniques »
The agencies use different credit scoring systems to allocate points according to age, job, whether you are a homeowner, and your financial standing.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
credit scoring — noun 1. The calculation of a person s credit rating by adding up points awarded according to the person s age, marital status, occupation, address, etc 2. A similar process used to calculate the creditworthiness of a business organization • • •… … Useful english dictionary
Credit scoring — A statistical technique wherein several financial characteristics are combined to form a single score to represent a customer s creditworthiness. The New York Times Financial Glossary * * * credit scoring ˈcredit ˌscoring noun [uncountable]… … Financial and business terms
Credit Scoring — A statistical analysis performed by lenders and financial institutions to access a person s credit worthiness. Lenders use credit scoring, among other things, to arrive at a decision on whether to extend credit. A person s credit score is a… … Investment dictionary
Credit scoring — Évaluation des risques clients Pour les articles homonymes, voir Évaluation et scoring. L’évaluation des risques clients (credit scoring en anglais) désigne un ensemble d´outils financiers d’aide à la décision utilisés pour évaluer… … Wikipédia en Français
credit scoring — Computerized method of rating a consumer’s credit worthiness based on income, past credit experience, and debt. ► “Credit scoring attempts to quantify in a single number, the likelihood a potential borrower will repay his loan.” (Forbes, Dec.… … American business jargon
credit scoring — Fin a calculation done in the process of credit rating … The ultimate business dictionary
credit scoring — / kredɪt ˌskɔ:rɪŋ/ noun a calculation made when assessing the creditworthiness of someone or something … Marketing dictionary in english
credit scoring — / kredɪt ˌskɔ:rɪŋ/ noun a calculation made when assessing the creditworthiness of someone or something … Dictionary of banking and finance
credit scoring system — A statistical system used to determine whether or not to grant credit by assigning numerical scores to various characteristics related to creditworthiness. American Banker Glossary … Financial and business terms
Credit-Scoring-Verfahren — mathematisch statistisch fundiertes Verfahren zur ⇡ Kreditwürdigkeitsprüfung und Risikofrüherkennung im Kreditgeschäft; angewandt im Konsumenten und im Unternehmenskreditgeschäft. Es werden die Unterschiede zwischen guten und schlechten… … Lexikon der Economics